Flipkart - Search Bar

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Of the missing simplicity...

Climbing trees in the garden, bracing myself to climb a branch higher every month, feeling tall and feeling strong. The bruises which turned colour, the rain water flooding my room, when I could make paper boats or just splash around. Dirty feet, smelly shoes. Emptying the basket of vegetables, sitting in it, waiting to be swung..and pretend that was real.

Sititng with my grandfather while he prayed, imitating everything he did, repeating loudly and running out at the mention of breakfast. Picking up the heavy black telephone recevier, wondering if my face would ever be big enough to touch both the mouth piece and the ear piece at the same time..
First time I realised I could t ell time, was at 2 pm. My mother has never seen me that excited since. Playing cricket with 10 boys on a green field and going back home to play house house with 2 girls. My first swing was rope tied to the ceiling.. Pooris on a Sunday morning. Showing off rakhis on rakhi day, boy or girl, buying the biggest, ugliest, flashiest rakhi and being ever so proud.

Sitting with a brown teddy bear teaching it about crows, chasing cats away from the kitchen, running miles from dogs..

I could keep on but you would only get bored... but a random thought every now and then didn't hurt no one. :-)

3 comments:

Mohammad A. AbulHasnaat said...

wonderful post...
though i did not do all that, i've my own share. :)

shriya said...

beautiful... every word.

artic said...

reminded me..

of all the things I have done and haven't..

of things you find under a stone moved from the footpath, just barely budging it with all the strength that a kids shoulders and fingers can muster.. finger tips that ache and numb alternately.. only your sense of purpose, ego?, stubborn unyielding attitude keeps you at it.. until you learn that u could leverage your foot off a treetrunk.. you find grass that is a shade of yellow ocher green that you have never laid eyes on.. and you wonder how many days would cause it to be that way.. who could tell you that.. who would know.. at a time before the net was a serf at whim(atleast to me).. then you look through some old books and ask your librarian.. a sweet lady who tells you the best way to learn is to it yourself.. you try it out.. but in your anxiety to get to THE answer.. you lift up the stone everyday, every chance you get.. not knowing that you are defeating the purpose..



I liked your blog.. been a while since I read something good, worthwhile to reply..

Guess I forgot to move stones and look.. dont quite read random blogs.. kudos to u tho!