Flipkart - Search Bar

Friday, November 27, 2015

Author Interview : Malavika Nataraj, author of 'Suraya's Gift' (Part 2)


Read up, ‘Suraya’s Gift’ author, Malavika Nataraj’s Interview, (Part 2). The response for this blog post was outstanding. Incidentally, this would also mark 100 posts on Sruti's BookBlog for this year. Yaay!!

That is why I thought I would put in the second part, right now. So, let’s not waste time and keep on reading, Folks…


What was the most challenging part about writing this book?

For me the most challenging part was trying to put some distance between me and the manuscript, to try and see it objectively, if anyone reading, it would enjoy it as much as I did writing it.

Who was it that told you that you could become the author, you are today?
Malavika Nataraj

My family. They have been reading my stories, since I was a child. 

They always told me that I could be anything I wanted, to be and I think that gave me the freedom to explore what I really enjoyed doing.


When will you next book be out?

Margaret Atwood
That’s still undecided at this point in time.

Which book are you currently reading?


Who are your favourite authors and why?

I read a lot of Japanese authors, the Japanese language being a deep passion of mine. 

Haruki Murakami
So I’d have to list, Haruki Murakami, Junichiro Tanizaki as some of my favourites. 
Another classic for me is Pearl Buck’s 'The Good Earth', which I have read more than 25 times! And each time I read it, I find a new line that really resonates with me.

What else do you do on a daily basis?

I’m currently qualifying to be a Japanese-English translator so my studies and translation assignments keep me quite busy.



You can check out the Malavika Nataraj Interview (Part 1), here
You can Read my Review here
You can Buy the Book, here

No comments: