Flipkart - Search Bar

Thursday, April 07, 2016

Author Interview : MV Kasey, author of 'Sky Fall’ (Part 2)

Read up, the second part of MV Kasey's Interview, author of  'Sky Fall'. In this, she tells us what the most challenging part of writing the book was, and who told her she could become the author, she has, she also tells us what she's reading currently and also her favourite authors, among others, Folks...

What was the most challenging part about writing ‘Sky Fall’?

The world building. While the plot and story were a challenge by themselves, the world building and descriptions were a huge challenge.

Since, I’ve written it in a first person point of view, and my character, Dee grew up with over-protective parents and is not very observant; I had to be very careful with my detailed descriptions on how she sees things as they begin to unfold in front of her, and also the language she would use to describe them.

MV Kasey

Who was it that told you that you could become the author, you are today?

I think everyone has an interesting story to tell and they just need to find a way to do so. Unless, it comes from within, no amount of encouragement or coercing can make it happen. I had a story to tell and I made sure I found the time to express it in form of a book.

When will the second part of this book, be out?

Hopefully, summer of 2016.

Which book are you currently reading?

Jeaniene Frost
I usually read a couple of books in a week and enjoy a variety of genres. Sometimes, I re-read my favourites. I wish I could give out some lofty titles that would make me seem very literary inclined. :)
 
But, I actually enjoy reading fast paced novels with a lot of action and drama, featuring strong female leads who are flawed, but endearing. I am currently reading the ‘Night Huntress’ series by Jeaniene Frost.

Who are your favourite authors and why?
 
I have a lot of favourite authors. But, from the recent times in the YA genre, Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games Trilogy), Veronica Roth (Divergent Trilogy), Cassandra Clare (Mortal Instruments series and Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy), etc

What else do you do on a daily basis?

In between my writing, I juggle a full time job as an IT manager and also, provide weeklong taxi service to my active seven year old son.

You can read the First Part of this Interview, right here. You can also catch the Review, here too.

No comments: